Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, with two in three Australians diagnosed by the age of 70. Shade used in combination with other sun protection measures provides the best protection from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure when spending time outdoors.
The aim of the Victorian Shade Grants Program is to reduce Victorians’ exposure to UV radiation by increasing shade in public places across the state and by promoting the uptake of sun protective practices.
Applications are now open for Shade Grants Program Round 7 2022.
- Victorian government schools may apply for grants of up to $25,000 for shade development and can include up to $700 for sun protection items (excluding GST). School Shade Grant applications close 11:59 pm, 27 May 2022.
- Eligible community organisations may apply for grants of up to $50,000 for shade development and can include up to $700 for sun protection items (including GST). Community Shade Grant applications close 11:59 pm, 10 June 2022.
Visit the official Shade Grants Program page to learn more.
Skyspan Shade Umbrellas can offer you:
- Cantilever Umbrella – Engineered to stand up in the most testing conditions but yet is so easy to operate, the Vista offers a stylish shade solution that delivers performance, comfort and safety.
- Centre Column Umbrella – Premium materials and classic design combine in a heavy-duty commercial umbrella purpose built to live outdoors.
- Portable Umbrella – The Alfresco portable umbrella is light and easy to handle, whilst strong enough to withstand wind gusts up to 60kph making it ideal for everyday commercial use.
Proudly Australian Made
When you buy a Skyspan™ Umbrella you are supporting Australian industry. Skyspan™ customers receive world class quality products specifically designed to suit Australian conditions in shorter time frames than competitors who import their product. Skyspan™ quality control process includes inspection of EACH unit prior to packaging, crating and shipping.
Contact our team today and we will put you in contact with your local distributor.
Skyspan™ Architectural Umbrellas come with an Engineer Wind Rating Certification, be it our Portable Umbrellas (60Km/h), Vista & Sunset ranges (112Km/h open, 148Km/h retracted) or our cyclone rated Typhoon & Panorama ranges (148Km/h open).
Skyspan™ Umbrellas offer true peace of mind with lifetime anti rust warranty on Aluminium umbrellas and up to 10 years structural and 5 year canopy warranties on selected product lines.